Although interior design has existed since the beginning of architecture, its development into a specialized field is really quite recent. Interior designers have become important partly because of the many functions that might be 1 in a single large building.
The importance of interior design becomes evident when we realize how much time we _ 2 surrounded by four walls. Whenever we need to be indoors, we want our surroundings to be as attractive and comfortable as possible. We also expect 3 place to be appropriate to its use. You would be shocked if the inside of your bedroom were suddenly changed to look 4 the inside of a restaurant. And you wouldn’t feel 5 in a business office that has the appearance of a school.
It soon becomes clear that the interior designer’s most important basic 6 is the function of the particular space. For example, a theater with poor sight
lines, poor sound-shaping qualities, and 7 few entries and exits will not work for its purpose, no matter ho w beautifully _8 . Nevertheless, for any kind of space, the designer has to make many of the same it might be kind of 9 . He or she must coordinate the shapes, lighting and decoration of everything from ceiling to floor. 10 addition, the designer must usually select furniture or design built-in furniture, according to the functions that need to be served.
1. [A] consisted [B] contained [C] composed [D] comprised
2. [A] spend [B] require [C] settle [D] retain
3. [A] some [B]any [C] this [D] each
4. [A] like [B] for [C] at [D]into
5. [A] correct [B] proper [C] right [D] suitable
6. [A] care [B] concern [C] attention [D] intention
7. [A] too [B] quite [C]a [D] far
8. [A] painted [B] covered [C] ornamented [D] decorated
9. [A] solutions [B]conclusions [C] decisions [D] determinations
10. [A] For [B]In [C]As [D] With
1-5: BAD AC 6-10: BADCB